Ancestor chart of Hamrick / Hambrick / Cook Family
FTDNA Test Kit# 188705, Group 1 (Haplogroup R1b1a2) (Ysearch User ID# 6JCYE of 67 markers; & YD8X3) - (chart submitted for this page by test subject)
The accuracy of the ancestor chart is the responsibility of the test subject.
This male test subject is surnamed Cook, but does not match Cook Y-DNA in the FTDNA Cook family project, or on Ysearch. This test subject closely matches Hamrick / Hambrick Y-DNA common ancestor at 65/67 markers; with marker 21 DYS449=29 (-1 from common) and marker 60 DYS446=13 (-1 from common). Research has not yet shown if this Y-DNA match with Hamrick is a coincidence, or if this test subject had a Hamrick / Hambrick (instead of Cook) surnamed biological male ancestor at some point in the past.
Josiah Cook (bilological ?Cook?) or (biological ?Hamrick?) or (biological ?Townsend?) b. 1810/14 in _______ Co., NC, and d. after 1880 census in Jones Co., GA. Josiah had three children from two marriages. First known marriage was at about age 31/34 in 1845 in Jones Co., GA to apparent widow Mrs. Martha ________ Dickinson / Dickenson / Dickerson b. ca 1809/11 in GA and died before 1868 in GA. Martha ______ was married first to Mr. _____ Dickinson / Dickerson and had one or more Dickinson children. Josiah Cook married second Jane Hunter Stripling (widow) on Feb. 20, 1868. Y-DNA test of descendants of one son of Josiah matches Hamrick and of another son matches Townsend, so Josiah's biological Y-DNA is not confirmed.
The 1820 Jones Co. (formed 1807) census lists a probable widow Susannah Hambrick b. prior 1775 with three apparent sons b. ca 1810/20.
The 1830 Jones Co. census index does not list Hamrick or Hambrick, but Jones Co. marriages report Washington Hambrick married Nancy Williams on May 16, 1831, and Lucian Hambrick married Sarah Davis on Feb. 8, 1836. Josiah Cook was not found in the 1830 census.
1833 Putnam Co. (adjoining Jones Co.) GA marriage record: Jan. 6, 1833 Barnes S. Dickerson to Martha Bryant. Barnes Dickerson was not found in 1840 census index.
The 1840 Jones Co. census lists Martha Dickerson (later in 1845 became wife of Josiah Cook) b. 1810/20 with three young sons under age 10, no daughters, and no apparent husband in her household; and on this same census page is listed Washington Hambrick b. 1810/20 with wife and two children, and the first name on the next page is Lucius Hambrick b. 1810/20 with wife and two children. The 1840 census index does not list Josiah Cook at about age 26/30.
1845 Jones Co. GA marriage record: Oct. 30, 1845 Josiah Cook to "Mrs. Margaret Dickinson".
Josiah (? Jeremiah ? ) Cook and Martha (Margaret) (? Bryant ?) Dickerson / Dickenson / Dickinson had 2 CHILDREN:
1. Robert P. Cook b. 1847 in GA and died 1887 in Macon, GA. Robert P. Cook never married.
2. James Wesley Cook (biological ?Hamrick?) born 1849/50 in Jones Co., GA married Amanda Lou Jordan (d/o James J. Jordan and Margery Summers). NOTE: A male descendant ABC surnamed Cook, kit no. 188705, of James Wesley Cook, has been 67 marker Y-DNA tested and his first twelve markers 13 25 14 11 11 13 12 12 12 13 11 29 match Hamrick, (overally 65/67 with Hamrick common ancestor) but do not match other Cook tests.
The 1850 Jones Co. census lists Josiah Cook b. 1814 age 36 in dwelling/family no. 99 with wife Martha b. 1811 and two sons Robert b. 1847 and James W. b. 1849, and one apparent step-son named John Dickinson b. 1834; and listed nearby in 1850 on the preceeding census page eight houses away in dwelling/family no. 91 Lucius Hambrick b. 1816 GA with wife and 5 children and one apparent step-daughter. The 1850 Jones Co. census also lists dwelling/family no. 59 George W. Hambrick b. 1810 with no wife, with one son and one daughter, and lists dwelling/family no. 280 Tarpley Hambric b. 1822 with wife and 3 children. The other two apparent Dickinson sons (b. prior ca 1840) from the 1840 census of Martha Dickinson are not obviously identified in the 1850 census.
The 1860 Jones Co. census lists Josiah Cook as "Jeremiah Cook" (not Josiah) b. 1812 with wife Martha b. 1809, Robert P. Cook b. 1850, James W. Cook b. 1847, and John Dickinson b. 1835. The adjoining county 1860 Bibb Co. GA census lists Lucius Hambrick b. 1813, and George W. Hambrick b. 1810.
Josiah Cook married a second time, Feb. 20, 1868 Jane Hunter Stripling, widow of Benjamin Stripling. Jane was b. 1840/45 in GA and d. 1884 in GA (dau of Mr. ________ Hunter and Malisa Medicine Woman Chee). They were married 20 Feb. 1868 in Jones Co., GA. They had one CHILD:
3. Charles Wesley Cook (biological ?Townsend?) b. March 9, 1868 in Jones Co, GA and died 9 Sept. 1953 in Campton, GA. Charles Wesley Cook m. Ida Mandy Stripling b. 1873 on 1 Nov. 1888 in Jones Co., GA. Eleven CHILDREN: 1. Frances "Fannie" Cook b. 1889; 2. Charles "Charley" Albert Cook (?Townsend?) b. 1892; 3. Lila Mae Cook b. 1892; 4. Mamie (Hattie) Cook b. 1894; 5. Benjamin "Ben" Cook b. 1896; 6. William "Willie" Cook b. 1898; 7. Delia Cook b. 1900; 8. Tom / "Tommie" Lee Cook b. 1903; 9. Louis Cook b. 1905; 10. Hansel Cook b. 1908; 11. Marjorie Cook b. 1911/12. NOTE: A male descendant, LHC surnamed Cook, kit no. 246317 of Charles Wesley Cook has been 37 marker Y-DNA tested and his first twelve markers 14 22 14 10 12 13 11 12 12 14 12 31 do not match the Hamrick results of kit 188705 above. Test subject LHC was son of Harold Walter Cook b. 1917; g-son of Charles Albert Cook (?Townsend?) b. 1892 and g-g-son of Charles Wesley Cook (?Townsend?) b. 1868. This FTDNA test 246317 (YSearch VD33V) also does not match other Cook tests presently in the database; but information from the test subject is that this line does match FTDNA tests of Y-DNA of Townsend test subjects 36/37 and 37/37. If James Wesley Cook b. 1849 and Charles Wesley Cook b. 1868 were half brothers (related thru their father) then their Y-DNA should match, but the (Hamrick and Townsend) Y-DNA of their tested male descendants does not match.
Their son, James Wesley Cook b. 1849/50, Jones Co., GA and d 24 Oct. 1881 in Clinton, Jones Co., GA. James Wesley Cook married Amanda Lou Jordan b 28 July 1854 in Jones Co., GA and d 4 Aug. 1930 in Lenox, GA. They were married 23 Dec. 1874 in Clinton, Jones Co., GA. They had 3 CHILDREN:
1. James Dawson Cook b 28 Oct. 1876 in Clinton, Jones Co., GA married Tempie Ritchey (d/o Edward Jefferson Ritchey and Nancy Elizabeth Long).
2. Martha Lula Cook b 8 June 1878 in Jones Co., GA and died 7 Nov. 1931 in Lenox, GA married William Jesse Annis (s/o Jessie Mason Annis and Martha Gaston Phillips).
3. Wesley Robert Cook b 30 April 1881 Jones Co., GA and died 12 Sept. 1958 in Bradford, FL married Annie Eugenia Cargill (d/o Olive Cargile and Emma Unknown).
Their son, James Dawson Cook b 28 Oct. 1876 in Clinton, Jones Co., GA and d 1 Jan. 1931 in Chula, Tift Co., GA. He married Tempie Ritchey b 24 Jan. 1878 Clinton, Jones Co., GA and d 9 Aug. 1941 in Tifton, Tift Co., GA (d/o Edward Jefferson Ritchey and Nancy Elizabeth Long). They were married 31 Jan. 1897 in Monticello, Jones Co., GA. Their six CHILDREN:
1. Mary Louise Cook b. 10 Sept. 1898 in Monticello, GA and d. 7 Oct. 1973 in Jacksonville, FL and m. Samuel Smith Monk.
2. Vera Louise Cook b. 14 Oct. 1902 in Monticello, Jones Co., GA and d 5 Sept. 1978 in Brookfield, Tift Co., GA and m. Irvin Washington Bowen.
3. James Dawson Cook b. 14 Oct. 1904 in Monticello, Jones Co., GA and d 7 Nov. 1965 in Tifton, Tift Co., GA and m. Dorothy Cooper Watson.
4. Minnie Hazel Cook b. 5 Jan. 1906 in Chula, Tift Co., GA and d. 19 Jan. 1984 in Atlanta, GA and m. Willis Britten Hollingsworth.
5. Aubrey Bridges Cook b. 25 Nov. 1908 in Chula, Tift Co., GA. Pauline Cook b. 4 Sept. 1910 in Chula, Tift Co., GA and d. 18 Sept. 2001 in Tifton, GA and m. 1st Audrey Lorraine Bissett and 2nd Elida Guzman Galvan.
6. Catherine Ruth Cook b. 16 April 1916 in Chula, Tift Co., GA and d. 5 Feb. 2005 Tifton, GA and m. William Austin Martin.
Their son, Aubrey Bridges Cook b 25 Nov. 1908 in Chula, Tift Co., GA and d. 8 Nov. 1978 Brownsville, Cameron Co., TX. Aubrey had three children from two marriages. He married first, Audrey Lorraine Bissett b 20 Jan. 1914 in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada and d. 30 Dec. 2006 in Ft. Myers, FL (d/o Charles Henry Bissett and Hattie Ellen Morgan). They were married 3 Oct. 1934 in Melrose, MA. They had one CHILD:
1. BHC (female) born 24 July, 1935 in Chula, Tift Co., GA. Has had FTDNA Family Finder Test to match half brother below.
Aubrey Bridges Cook married second, Elida Guzman Galvan b. 24 April 1935 in Monterrey, Mexico. They were married 10 Oct. 1965 in Brownsville, TX. Aubrey Bridges Cook and Elida Guzman Galvan had two CHILDREN:
2. VCC (female) b. 1969 in Brownsville, TX and
3. ABC (male) b. 1970 in Brownsville, TX.
Their son, ABC was the test subject. Has had Y-DNA and FTDNA Family Finder Test to match half sister above. He is married and has two sons and a daughter.DNA Project Page DNA Test Results